Saturday 8 March 2014

Shotley - Brantham - East Bergholt - Raydon - Hadleigh - Monks Eleigh - Lavenham - Boxford - Hintlesham - Ipswich

Bike: Felt
Distance: 53.57 miles
Time: 2 hours 59 minutes
Average speed: 17.9 mph
Maximum speed: 34.1 mph
Odometer (at end): 53 miles

The weather was fine, and most of the roads had dried out, so I headed out to Shotley with cycle gear and hopped on the bike I bought in the January sales (and have since tricked out with Ksyrium Equipe wheels). It's my first full carbon road bike (and fourth road bike overall since 2000) and the position is much more sporty/lower than the Condor, so it will be better for time trial training. It is also very quick and corners extremely well.

All in all, a fun "shakedown", although I stayed out for too long given I have a race tomorrow (I did a recce of the course as part of this ride) - there is some noise, which may be the BB, chainring bolts, pedals, stem or cassette, and the chain hadn't been oiled, but other than that, I think I'm going to get along well with this bike. Except it's bright white, and will be tricky to keep clean :)

No comments: